How to get motivated again, when you are feeling stuck and demotivated.
It’s exciting to start something new like a business or project. At first you have everything figured out and you feel like you can take on the world?
Then suddenly, things start to slow down and take a back seat. The journey suddenly seems hard and lonely.
When starting or running a business/projects, things don’t always go according to plan.
You will feel stuck at least about 4 – 5 times a week in your business. Yes! About 4 – 5 times. But, don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. This usually happens when things are not going according to plan or not picking as fast as you had expected. This type of feeling can demotivate anyone.
Feeling demotivated is something every entrepreneur feels from time to time.
Heck every person whether an entrepreneur or not feels it, so don’t beat yourself up over the lack of motivation.
Feeling demotivated from time to time is okay, but when it effects your life and/or your business then you have a problem.
This is where you need to exercise a strong mind-set with a great attitude. This is what I usually do for a pick me up whenever I feel this type of way.
- Take a step back and Re-charge – Step away from your business for a bit, do something else to relax your mind. Listen to your favorite song or go dancing (I love music and dancing).
- Feed your mind with something positive – Read a book or listen to something that will revitalize you.
- Get an accountability buddy – It’s a great idea to have a buddy on the same path as you so you can push each other when one is slipping away. This path can get lonely, so being a part of a community can be a great boost.
- Attend an event related to your business – Networking events are great way to be pumped up and be surrounded with like-minded people.
- Remember your WHY – It’s important as an entrepreneur to know your WHY. Ask yourself WHY you do what you do? and is your WHY big enough to get you through those days when you are feeling demotivated? If not, then I suggest you go back to the drawing board and strengthen your WHY.
- Have your daily activities planned – You know your business and you should know what steps you need to take to be successful. So, write down what those steps are and plan them as your non-negotiable daily activities. Planning daily activities can help as you don’t have to think about what to do, you would have already planned your activities before hand, all you must do is stay consistent and push yourself to it even if you don’t feel like it.
Chances are if you are feeling demotivated you are probably creating a lot of excuses as to why you aren’t doing what you know you should be doing.
Being an entrepreneur is hard work. It will be overwhelming at times. You will become frustrated and want to quit. You will lose your focus and sometimes your way.
Feeling stuck and demotivated can be a very scary and a self-critical place to be. It shows up in the space between—one way of being in the world has ended, but the next is yet to come.
Adopt a positive mind-set and attitude, know your business and what steps need to be taken. Believe in yourself always, no matter what. These will come in handy during those tough times.
How often do you do feel stuck and demotivated in your business?
Take a deep breath, It’s just a bad day not a bad life.