Do you have things you’d like to do, but you’re held back from getting started because you fear you may not succeed?
Do you know that this little 4 letter word FEAR can make or break you?
Fear can cripple us in so many ways……
When it comes to doing the things that are important to us, fear usually creeps up on us. It has a way to make us feel doubtful which leads to procrastination.
We all have one or two of these friends called Fear.
Recognize it and you will fear it no more!! Some of them are;
- Fear of the unknown
- Fear of success and failure – One of my biggest ones!!!
- Fear of inadequacy – yes! This one too.
- Fear of rejection
- Fear of missing out (FOMO)
- Fear of change
- Fear of being judged
- Fear of uncertainty
All these fears (some not mentioned above) can be quite crippling. Fear is the number 1 obstacle that you will face in life and if you bow down to this you will never get anywhere.
It’s normal to feel fear, how you react to it will make the difference.
But why do we fear?
They say fear is programmed into the nervous system and works like an instinct. From the time we’re babies, we are equipped with the survival instincts necessary to respond with fear when we sense danger or feel unsafe.
Fear helps to protect us. … Feeling afraid is very natural and helpful in some situations.
Some of the best ways to overcome the FEAR of pursuing your Dreams;
- Accept the fact that you are scared – it’s OK to be scared, just don’t be in denial about it. This way you are able do something about your FEAR.
- Identify exactly what you are afraid of – usually we are afraid of change or fear of the unknown. If you understand what part makes you scared, you can mitigate the risks.
- Write out the worst that could happen if you take that step – you might find that there’s nothing to fear, so putting it all down on paper will clarify that.
- Do a risk analysis and put a solid plan in place – this way you will feel better knowing that you are well prepared, even if things do go wrong.
- Focus on the Prize, why are you doing this – think about what could possible happen if you don’t take that first step. Think about the consequences of your in-action.
- Get out of your comfort zone – get into the habit of doing one thing that scares you daily, this will help you learn to take more risks and increase your self-confidence.
You are special and were brought in this world for a purpose. The thing is, your purpose and dreams don’t always find you! You are the one who has to chase after them. So follow your heart, but take your brain with you.
Wanting to do something different with your life can be overwhelming and bring all sorts of Fears. Face them and do it anyway.
You must trust that most of what we fear never happens.
Remember to connect so we can share ideas on overcoming these challenges.
“Remember FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real’’