Imagine getting into your car and driving then you realize that you don’t know where you are going!! If you keep going, you will end up anywhere the road leads you ………. And we don’t want that.
What do you do then? Yes, you find your destination then get directions to get there.
The same should apply with your life. If you don’t know your purpose, you won’t know which direction to take.
Knowing your Purpose can give you tremendous power. It makes it easier for you to make decisions and spend time grooming the important areas in your life.
The Power of Knowing Your Purpose
When you know your purpose, you can live intentionally. Purpose gives us the will not just to live but to live long and well.
It is that motivational drive that brings out who we are.
How can you find your Purpose
- Listen to your inner voice – listen to what your heart is telling you.
- Explore your interests – when something catches your interest more than 3 times, follow it up.
- Contemplate on what drives and energises you – take time to brainstorm what makes you tick, what gives you a pick when you are down, what activity energises you every time you do it.
- Pick out the activities that come easy to you – think about those activities that you can do in your sleep, the things people usually ask from you or of you. Things you are good at without trying.
- Think about this statement ‘if money was not a problem, what would I spend most your time doing?’.
- Figure out how would you want to help others?
Finding your purpose isn’t something that can be done in a few days, weeks or month. It can take as long as your actions take, the important thing is for you to start pursuing it.
usually, you would want to pause what you’re doing and reflect on whether you feel like the path you are on is taking you in the direction you want to go. And if it doesn’t you might want to change it.
But,remember that your purpose doesn’t mean you have to change what you are already doing. If you are a photographer, you can decide that your purpose is to capture beautiful memories for people or if you are a cleaner at a school or university you can choose to look at yourself as someone who creates a clean environment for students.
We each have a different purpose and only you can find it.
Live it and be fulfilled!
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”