Ever wondered how would it be like having your own business?
Venturing into entrepreneurship is not everybody’s cup of tea, but it is something that most of us have thought about.
Reasons for becoming an entrepreneur can vary from wanting an extra income, financial freedom, providing a service or simply having the edge to build something new and leading your own organisation. Whatever the reason! You owe it to yourself to give it a try.
Here are some reasons why people start their own businesses.
- There is something satisfying about starting something from scratch and seeing it grow into somethings big that serves a large amount of people.
- Starting your business means starting your own empire that runs by your values. Creating an environment that you would be happy to spend your working hours in.
- Freedom to create your own schedule – this is where most people go wrong. They start their own businesses thinking they will have time freedom, but they don’t create proper processes to enable them to have that time freedom. They become ‘the business’ instead of building a business that doesn’t need them at all time. This is the reason why I love the type of business that I am in – Digital entrepreneur, this means my business is location independent and I can run it almost on autopilot.
- We all have the 3 P’s in us. Passion, Proficiency, and Pain, and having to turn any of your P’s into Profit can be very satisfying and that way you are able to get paid your worth for something that you love doing or you are good at. You are not just trading money for hours.
- Increasing your revenue – again this is a point where most people get it wrong. You need to be in the right business that allows you to scale up and you need to have your business set up properly, so you can grow it accordingly.
Starting your own business is not always easy but it is sure worth it. If you know and understand what problem you are solving and WHO you are solving it for, you are on the right track.
Some businesses take time to kick off, but some don’t. The key is, take time and build your own biz on the right foundation.
Did you know that Coca Cola sold 9 servings a day in its first year of trading? in total it was about 25 gallons (95 liters) as it wasn’t sold in bottles until later in the stage. It is now estimated at 1.9 billion servings per day, globally.
So, remember that it won’t be all rosy in the beginning, but you might be singing a different tune in a couple of years to come.
Comment below or connect with me, if you have ever wanted to start your own business. And share how you succeeded or setbacks that stopped you from pursuing your dream?
“Build your own dream or someone else will hire you to build theirs.’’