We have about 4 months until the end of the year and this year hasn’t exactly been easy on us. With all the crazy going on, it can be quite difficult to keep up with one’s goals and plans.
I was in stress mode a bit because some of my plans were delayed due to our current new normal. Short disruptions are easy to handle but lengthy and almost permanent disruptions can be challenging.
I almost went into anxiety mode, then I remembered a quote that says “It may be delayed but not denied” so I need to relax and carry on with what I have control over. Stressing might bring me to the end of the year with no completed goals at all.
Try out these 5 things to help get you back on track before the year ends
- Review your 2020 projects if you haven’t done so yet. Check where you are at the current moment, what resources do you have and what can you do with them.
- If you are running a business, what area of your business got hit the hardest and why – this can an opportunity to relook at your business model or business offering to insure you are able to survive and thrive in abnormal situations.
- Remember that all journeys have some detours and it is not what happens to us that matters but how we respond.
- Create a “90-day before Christmas” focus – this will be a 90-day run on the projects that can still be done this year. And if there are some delays, accept them and re look at suitable time frame.
- Show up and stop making excuses. If you really want to achieve something keep going and eventually you will make it out the storm.
So, don’t be so hard on yourself, focus on what you can control and do your best. A little progress is better than no progress at all. Get back on track, you can still finish off STRONG!!!
Comment and share about what has had you in an anxious mode since we are coming to the end of the year.
“ Being Delayed does not mean being Denied.”